Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Random.

Lyrics that summarize my life at the moment:

"But they'll realize jealousy has taken over their minds." -Demi Lovato.

"Hold your own, know your name, and go your own way and everything will be fine." -Jason Mraz.

"Finding more and more truth in the words written in red... You can't tell me it all ends in a slow ride in a hearse." -Brooks & Dunn.

"But I sure soaked up every minute of the memory we were making. And I count it all as time well wasted." -Brad Paisley.

"I've been giving out chances everytime and all you do is let me down." -Taylor Swift.


Yesterday, Gary (ForSeriousGary) posted a blog about the lack of proper English used in everyday Internet conversations. Improper grammar and spelling on the Internet pisses me off as well. Proofreading a twitter, IM, or text message takes 5 seconds and may prevent you from making a mistake that could change the meaning of your statement. And then there are the people who invent their own freaking abbreviations that cannot possibly be understood by anyone but themselves.

However, what irks me more than that is when people seek confidence on the Internet. For example, when someone posts a picture of themselves on Myspace/Facebook and types the following caption, "I hate this picture, I look so ugly." You do not hate that picture, if you did, you would have never posted it. They are just searching for people who will tell them that they look beautiful. Ugh, it makes me mad.

Sidenote: This is not directed to anyone. It is influenced by my overall experience on the Internet.

No comments: